Here are the most common items McKinney home inspectors find on your roof that cause for a professional roofing company to come out. Understanding these items can help you better prepare if one does show up unexpectedly, along with how to handle it. This will ensure a smoother selling process so you can get your house sold on time, and for top dollar.
With strong winds, extreme heat, large hail, heavy rains, and bone chilling ice storms, the North Texas climate can take a toll on your roofing system over time. The first item we see the most is prior storm damage that was never inspected prior due to homeowner negligence. From these factors, granule loss and limited UV protection may have occurred. We also see improper flashing installation and exposed nails. All of these items can lead to water leaks down the line and further damage which can be costly. This is why it is recommended to have a professional roofer come inspect your roof when selling your home in McKinney. If storm damage has occurred in the last 12 months, insurance may still cover the replacement costs. It is important to meet with your insurance agent and an adjuster to see what will be covered. Our storm damage team walks you through this process.
If you do need to replace your roof, here are the Benefits:
- Increasing curb appeal: Because of the beautiful colors available today’s roofing systems, upgrading your roof can enhance the curb appeal and make your home more attractive to buyers.
- Increasing your Home’s Value: Since your buyer can be at ease knowing the roof won’t need to be repaired or replaced anytime soon, this will reduce the buyer’s risk. This creates increased home value. Ultimately creating a peace of mind for the buyer.
- Transferable Lifetime Labor Warranty: The labor warranty our team at Performance Roofing provides is able to be transferred to the buyer, offering long term reassurance.
When selling your home, it is critical to be proactive in addressing any issues in your home inspection report. The buyer likely will also have their inspector come out, so you want to be prepared for what they may find, and the cost of those repairs. If you are needing a professional roofing company to come out and inspect your home when selling in McKinney, click here to contact us and schedule your complimentary inspection.
Other commonly missed items in a home inspection report when selling your home in McKinney:
- HVAC: Know how old the home is, if it is over 10-15 years, make sure to see if the HVAC system is new, or if it is at the end of its lifespan. These can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 depending on the system.
- Appliances: Some home inspectors do not include this on their main report, so we recommend homeowners pay extra as appliance repairs, just like roofing repairs, can get pricey. In some cases, it is more cost effective to replace.
- Flooring: You may have prior water damage that is not noticeable due to a prior roof leak, or pipe burst. To inspect this the seller has to consent to pulling up the carpet or our team using moisture meters.
Who we are, what we do, and where we service:
Performance Roofing is based out of McKinney, Texas, but we service a large radius in North Texas, and have two other offices. We service a 2 hour radius of the DFW Metro, and also have offices in Austin and Denver. The Performance Group has been in business for 10 years, and we offer roof repairs, roof inspections, roof replacements, gutters, new construction roofing, storm damage claim assistance, commercial roofing, multi-family roofing, restoration, painting, fencing, windows, and more. Our team has an A+ BBB Rating, 200+ 5 star reviews, member of The Good Contractors List, and looks forward to serving you. Learn about our core values here.